Greetings and welcome to our site. We hope that you and yours are staying safe and healthy!
It was on May 26, 1927 that Henry Ford sent a secretive telegram to dealers, advising that Ford was “starting early production of the entirely new Ford car… superior in design and performance to any now in the low price, light car field”. In addition to this cryptic message, Henry Ford also halted production of the Model T and began retooling the factories to produce an all-new automobile. At that time, Henry’s message to Ford Dealers was “At present I can only say this about the new model - it has speed, style, flexibility and control in traffic. There is nothing quite like it in quality and price. The new car will cost more to manufacture, but it will be more economical to operate."
That excitement still exists with many of us as we share our cars with the public. It is VERY rare that during a simple Model A outing I do not get horn honks, head nods and a lot of “thumbs up”. Which brings me to the fact that MAFCA has proclaimed May to be Model A Youth month. Details are available at www.mafca.com for details on the Model A Youth Restoration Award and Model A Youth Scholarship Organization. MAFCA is requesting that each chapter actively promote the Model A hobby with our youth. The A World Magazine is designed for children and can be obtained by sending a subscription request eMail to Aworld@mafca.com to access this wonderful electronic publication.
Take a look at the “Newsletter” page and you will see: informative updates from the President, summary of last month’s events via the monthly minutes, details on where the Red Hot Sparks will be meeting, who is celebrating a Birthday/Anniversary, upcoming events for this month to get you out on an outing and exercise your Model A, a bit of humor via the Editor Emeritus Exhaust and finally links to relevant MAFCA pages.
If you use a Google Calendar, please consider merging the Diamond Tread Calendar in with your own. This will allow you to view our upcoming events at a glance. This calendar is also posted on the Diamond Tread website’s Events/Dates page.
- Cases have stayed about the same recently and are still very high.
- The numbers of hospitalized Covid patients and deaths in the Los Angeles County area have fallen (@ 230/10 per day respectively).
- The test positivity rate in Los Angeles County is relatively low (@ 1%), suggesting that testing capacity is adequate for evaluating Covid-19 spread in the area.
- An average of 1,331 cases per day were reported in Los Angeles County, about the same as the average two weeks ago. Since the beginning of the pandemic, at least 1 in 4 residents have been infected, a total of 2,860,503 reported cases.
- Make sure you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines.
- In general, people do not need to wear masks when outdoors.
- If you are sick and need to be around others, or are caring for someone who has COVID-19, wear a mask.
- If the COVID-19 Community Level where you live is
- Wear a mask based on your personal preference, informed by your personal level of risk.
- If you are at risk for severe illness, talk to your healthcare provider about wearing masks indoors in public.
- If you live with or will gather with someone at risk for severe illness, wear a mask when indoors with them.
- If you are 2 or older, wear a well-fitting mask indoors in public, regardless of vaccination status or individual risk (including in K-12 schools and other community settings).
- If you are at risk for severe illness, wear a mask or respirator that provides you with greater protection.
- Testing before a gathering can give you information about your risk of spreading COVID-19.
- Consider using a self-test before joining indoor gatherings with others who do not live in your household.
- Stay home if you test positive, even if you do not have symptoms.
- Stay home if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Communicate with the people you will meet with about prevention strategies.
If you are a club member that would like their car posted in the "Our Cars" section, please send a jpg file to WebMaster@diamondtread.com. Accompany that picture with year and model style. If you have any comments or corrections, please also forward those to WebMaster@diamondtread.com
Thank you for visiting DiamondTread.com. If you have any comments (enhancements, errors, typos, oversights, updates or even an “Ata Boy”) regarding the website, please send an eMail to WebMaster @ DiamondTread.com and we will address any issues ASAP.